Saturday 27 October 2012

Oh Death!


Oh death!
Where is thy abode?
I want to pay you a visit!

You've caused me much pain
You make me cry all the time
Like a baby every now and then
You make every January
And every May
A month of sadness and sorrow

My father was a noble man
He toiled under the Sahara sun
The scorches were thick-skinned
To his succulent skin
Yet he endured the excruciating pains
To provide for us
You didn't let him reap those fruit trees

Akunne was my Rainbow
He molded me into many colours
He was every shade of my being
He was my best teacher; preacher
And best friend that will exist no more
He nurtured me into wisdom
Bequeathed me intelligence
Infested my mind with adages; idioms
That I became old before I was old
With my wise sayings

My father was my mentor
He indoctrinated me into Marxism
I sipped the juice of non-materialism
I became antithetical to bourgeois
He was a leftist; a liberalist
I inherited his revolutionary code of belief
But in a different way; a soft one
His world was different from mine!
He thought me Keynes principles
He baptised me with the Keynesian Bible
I became an advocate of Keynes School of Thought
But a lot has changed now!

My brother was my best poet
His word usages made me
Call for my dictionary more often than I appreciated
His writings were extraordinary
His messages were magical
Sometimes mysterious to an ordinary head
But re-assuring when unraveled
Though he lived shortly
With his magical ink
He spelt out his life in his poems

Buchi was a physicist in the making
Summa cum laude already awaited
But you the invisible hand
Snatched him away
He was my best gentle man
Brimmed with smiles at all times
Even when hurting

At 20 you felt he had served
His earthly purpose(s)
You took him away
Though his sojourn was mysterious
He wasn't a coward;
For those who thought otherwise
He fought the unseen forces;
Wrestled the unknown demons;
Challenged the underground;
And he once conquered them
But you Grim Reaper
Pulled up with your caravans
When he was a weakling

Oh Death!
Tell me your abode
Let me call on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...