Thursday 31 December 2015

New Year Resolution 4



New Year eve is upon us again. And the time to perform the ritual- New Year resolution- is here once again. It seems hard to believe that the year 2015 is already gone. How fast time flies!

Last year, my resolution was to obey Matt Cameron; to live life to the fullest, and focus on the positive. No doubt, the year 2015 was one hell of a (tough) year. But I tried very hard to keep my head above water. The unevenness in the year 2015 sabotaged all the good plans I had mapped for myself for the year. As Thomas Kempis famously noted, “Man proposes, but God disposes; neither is the way in his own hands.”

Amid the ups and downs that came in the year, I discovered new traits that I possess, which really enabled me to waddle through the stormy year 2015. Although there are many lessons that the year 2015 taught me, but the lesson that sticks out like a sore thumb is never to live life without plan B. That reinforced my life culture- which is that no matter how down to the rock bottom life kicks me to; I always find a shred of hope deep within me to bust a gut.

In one of my articles within the year- Life is a ring; always make a comeback- I shared my thoughts on this life culture. Let me share with you my conclusion therefrom:

The punches that life hits our faces with should bring out the best in us, the pains that we experience when life kicks us in our testicles should bring more determination out of us, and the pains that come out when life squeezes some vital parts in our body should make us stronger than we were before. We should always make a comeback no matter how hard life has beaten us to the ground!

As I usher in the New Year 2016, what matters to me is not how the year 2015 ended- which for me was more like a bung of experiment with no attendant result- but that I am ready for the New Year. As an unrepentant optimistic, I cannot help but remain optimistic that 2016 will be a successful year. So, I will continue to keep my nose to the grindstone.

As you usher in the year 2016, I say to you from the words of Neil Gaiman:

“...I hope you will have a wonderful year, that you'll dream dangerously and outrageously, that you'll make something that didn't exist before you made it, that you will be loved and that you will be liked, and that you will have people to love and to like in return. And, most importantly (because I think there should be more kindness and more wisdom in the world right now), that you will, when you need to be, be wise, and that you will always be kind.”

Oh yes, the New Year resolution! My resolution this year is not to be changed or controlled unless it is in the bedroom. LOL..!

             Happy New Year! Thank you for always reading my blog! I hope you continue to stop by!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...